12/12/12

Gemma's third birthday!

What chaos. I don't even know why I thought it was a good idea to throw a birthday party for 10 kids, their parents, and their siblings within 1 week of moving into my new house. I had no seating (sold our couches unexpectedly just before moving) and so we just had rugs and a mattress on the floor to sit on. No toys downstairs, just a couple dozen balloons, which, I have learned, is enough to keep kids crazy happy for 2 hours.

Initially I had an entire Dora theme in mind since Gemma is going through a huge Dora phase right now. I didn't even know she knew what a Pinata was, but she made it a point to tell me she wanted a "horsey one". Unfortunately with all the craziness of the move, the only "Dora" remained the books I forgot to hand out as part of the "goodie bags". 

The thing that really mattered anyway was that Gemma had a tremendous time screaming and running and just going crazy with her very good friends that she cherishes so much. She can't see enough of them and I wish I didn't work so she really could see them more. 

Happy birthday my darling, goodness how time flies...

No comments:

Post a Comment