4/13/09

I saw the line (warning, may be TMI)

oh boy.
jesse and i talked about starting a family at the end of 2008 and decided we would try in the new year. we actually ended up waiting until the end of january because i wanted to get the "okay" from my gastroenterologist, dr. andrews, at my appointment on the 12th. he said we're good to go and i stopped taking the pill.
i went for a preconception checkup right away. the doctor told me it takes an average couple 6 months to a year to conceive. i, for some reason, thought it would take longer....
boy was i wrong. it took 1 month for my body to re-regulate itself after going off the pill. the month after that, we got pregnant.
last week of march, i was having daily cramps before aunt flow was due. that was weird for me because typically the cramps come the day of aunt flow's visit. at night, i couldn't sleep and sometimes i would wake up from the cramps. i couldn't be pregnant, i thought. it takes 6-12 months for the average couple...
friday, april 3, jesse and i went to get a movie - shoppers is next to blockbuster, so while jesse went to get a movie, i went to shoppers and picked up a 2-pack first response home pregnancy test. i hid it from jesse and he didn't even know that i had bought it.
saturday, april 4. i didn't realize that when i would wake up my life would be changed. i was expecting it 100% to be negative. nope. that pink line was definitely there. not even faint. DARK.
of course, i woke up jesse. turned on his bedside lamp and just held the stick there. his reaction? "what?... what? ... what is this??? what??? oh my gosh.... oh my gosh..." (that was exactly my reaction by the way).
later that morning i confirmed with the other test. we showed them to my mom, she was thrilled. couldn't believe it at first, but still thrilled. next, i called my brother. he's very happy for us. we waited a bit to call jesse's parents and ended up blurting it out rather than telling them calmly. dad said "that's fantastic!"... mom said "whaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?"
we're pregnant. oh boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment