4/14/09

when to tell...

so my mom has been on our case about our decision to not tell the rest of our family until later on (so far, all who know are my mom, jesse's mom and dad, my brother jesse, joey, and i'm guessing leah knows, though we haven't heard from her). i haven't even told my dad. two of my cousins and my aunt were here for easter weekend and, i have to admit, it was tough not spilling the beans. in fact, a few times we lied through our teeth!

anyways, dr. mccracken told me that about 20% of pregnancies end in miscarriage. although i hope that is not the case for us, there is still a possibility. we're trying to think positive though.

jesse and i've agreed that we would wait until we hit the second trimester (which would be the first week in june). my cousins ernest and genny are having their daughter anderson's birthday party on june 6, so we're thinking maybe that is the time to announce it - without stealing anderson's thunder.

but who knows? perhaps if at my ultrasound on may 1 everything looks as healthy as can be, we may change our mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment