6/5/09

music to my ears

i went to Dr. McCracken this morning for my 4-weekly checkup. i figured it would be like the usual appointments - how i'm feeling, am i taking a multivitamin, check the blood pressure, etc.

but then he surprised me by bringing in the Doppler to listen to the heart beat. when we went for our 7-week ultrasound, we got to see the heart beating, but didn't get to hear it.

Dr. McCracken showed me where the top of my uterus is, then the Doppler picked up the beat. woosh-woosh-woosh-woosh. he figured it was about 150 bpm, which is normal. then he moved the Doppler to see if he could get a better listen, but then lost the beat and couldn't find it again... so it was brief, but wonderful.

i only wish jesse could have been there to hear it too...

No comments:

Post a Comment