10/30/09

not so lucky

well, yesterday evening when i was about to go into the shower, i discovered my worst nightmare.

there they were. staring at me (well, they would if they had eyes). three lines about an inch or so long on the lower part of my left belly.

stretch marks.

at first i wasn't even sure what they were. i thought maybe they were pant lines (or rather, i was hoping they were pant lines)... but after much close inspection, my worst fears were confirmed.

i spent an hour or so in hysterics, crying.

i knew i would get them. but i was expecting them a lot earlier on. so when i wasn't getting them at 6 months, 7 months, i thought, hey... maybe i'll be lucky. i was globbing on lotion like there is no tomorrow since the day i found out i was pregnant, but apparently that wasn't enough. and now they're here to stay.

1 comment:

  1. Grace I was like you when I saw my first few stretch marks! I was horrified! "No it couldn't be!!! Not stretch marks, all I've used to lotion is cocoa butter, and olive oil! Yes olive oil!!" but sure enough there they were, and when I had about a month left they came up like no tomorrow! Andy calls them my love wounds! Just try to look at them like that . . . love wounds! Its all worth it, and hopefully they'll fade a bit once you have your beautiful baby girl! Love wounds!

    ReplyDelete