10/15/09

not to be rude, but...

other than my mom, we live quite far from any other family. my dad is 2 hours away, my brother is in toronto, my cousins are in edmonton, and jesse's family is in Richmond, BC. so we're quite isolated from familiy - but we kinda like it that way. it helps us to appreciate them more and actually enjoy spending time with them when we see them. when family come to visit us, they usually end up spending a few days here and spending the nights at our house. which is fine and we enjoy the occasional company.

however.

we had a predicament. if we lived in edmonton and close to most of my family, people could come and visit us at the hospital and then leave. LEAVE being the key word here. but since we're 3.5 hours away, if people come see us in the hospital or visit in the first few days, most likely they will need to stay at our house. don't get me wrong - i love my family. i do. BUT i really want to come home to an empty house (well, other than Reggie) and spend the first few weeks getting to know our daughter without the ruckus of kids running around or having to be hosts to visitors.

is that so unreasonable? i didn't think so.

as far as i know, jesse's parents are going to hold off on coming until around Christmas (which, if baby sticks close to her schedule, should give us a few weeks at least of getting to know baby).

and this is what i asked of my family: come see us if you want. we'd be happy to have you. but please don't plan on staying at our house. i'm sorry to be rude, but i don't want you here at my house when we come home. or we can send you pictures and will see you at baby's 100th day birthday party.

i can tell there are people who aren't too thrilled about this idea, but i'm not backing off. sorry. i'm a mom now. my baby comes first.

No comments:

Post a Comment