2/6/11

Wanted: Zen

I don't know why, but I've been so incredibly stressed these last 4 months. Maybe longer, maybe not, but I definitely can't handle stress like i used to. Blame the hormones or not, I'm having a hard time coping with my everyday life. 

it's not just one thing, but it's everything. every little thing that becomes a big thing. i feel like i've had it up to here and now any little thing is pushing me off the edge. i feel like i have no control over my anger or my emotions. .. ... was i this bad with my first pregnancy?? i know i cried easily, but i don't remember being so... angry...

i'm very worried (which of course doesn't help) about the stress in my life and the lack of coping skills and how it is affecting this little being inside of me. it's no secret that stress is linked to preterm labor, miscarriage, and even just the overall health and development of the baby. I'm nearly half way done this pregnancy and I feel like all i've given to this baby so far is just stress, anger, and anxiety. 

so about 2 days ago, i decided i can't do this anymore. i need to chill out no matter what. i need to eat better, i need to think better, and i need to just be better. of course it's easier said than done... does anyone have any advice on how to not let things affect me? 

with my work we have access to free counseling - unfortunately, that is only available monday-friday 8-4:30. Plus it's nearly an hour away from my house. My benefits cover 80% of counselor/psychologist visits, but their hours are also M-F 8:-4ish. My schedule has been less flexible lately and so it's hard to get out of the house during regular work hours. 

Poor Jesse has been in the frontlines against my explosions and Gosh, i can't believe he is still here. What an angel he is. Really, such a trooper... 
anyways, if you have any advice on how to be "zen", please... PLEASE let me know. Please help.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Grace,
    I have found it so useful to see a counsellor. Even though its an hour away and the hours are a huge inconvenience Im sure that most counsellors/psychologists have a few evenings that they work a week. I know our marriage counsellor does. You should try to go, I think itll help a ton, at least I know it does for me!!
    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete