11/22/11

Sleep Update

I decided for my own sake, I need Gemma to nap... and she does so very willingly - no fighting, kicking, or screaming. Oddly enough since that one day where I let her go without napping, she has been going down a bit easier at night - no more yelling for me for 2 hours. She has, once or twice, called out to me within the first half hour of being put in bed, but that's been it. And the reason I don't put her down later is that she is up at the same time every morning no matter what time she goes to sleep. So the situation with Gemma seems to have improved. 

Leni, on the other hand, is still a struggle. She is so all over the place when it comes to napping - some days she will have four 20-minute naps, other days she will sleep a 3-hour chunk and no more. At night, she still cries out anywhere between 5-10 times. I really don't know what to do. Well, I know what I'd like to do, which is move her out of our room, but we just don't have the room right now. Our initial plan was to have the girls share a room, but we obviously can't do that with Leni waking up so much. I can't wait for that sleep class on Thursday and I really hope I learn something. 


No comments:

Post a Comment