1/12/12

catching up

I know I've been slacking over here. While I feel like I have so much to blog about, I can't seem to find the time and when I do, I can't seem to put my thoughts in order. So I'm just gonna blab on...

Leni is gonna be 6 months old in 2 days. She is sitting up unsupported and eating very well (though still not the solid foods champ that her sister was... but that's a hard title to beat). She is drinking about 30 oz in 24 hours and eating once or twice a day. I definitely chose the wrong time to wean, I think, as I have no idea what I'm doing when it comes to formula and I hope I'm giving her enough/not too much. Only about three out of the five bottles she will actually finish. Also, her poop is a dark green and I've been told this is normal, but it's still really freaky (sorry if that was TMI). I can't wait to see the nurse next week and have a major formula talk. 

Gemma is ... well, she is a delight, of course, but getting more challenging at times. The other night she woke up screaming her head off. When I went in, she just tried to hit me and threw a huge temper tantrum. I tried to just hold her and calm her down and when she did, she asked for Jesse, so then he took care of her after that. He ended up crawling into bed with her for a couple of hours (that's how long it took for her to settle down). I wonder if she had a bad dream about me? 

Gemma starts gymnastics today and I'm curious to see how this goes. All I've had so far has been positive feedback, so I hope Gemma really likes it. 

Now that I'm not breastfeeding anymore, I've decided to really work at losing the baby weight. I also feel like such a weakling having been so deconditioned for the last many years, having such a sedentary job. I want to be more active and just fit - don't have to be "skinny", just fit. Of course, skinny would be nice too. In my mind I want to lose about 25 lb and I can't remember the last time I weighed that... maybe junior high? LOL. Okay, 25 lb might be a bit unrealistic, but at least to the lower average weight of the last 5 years... which would be 15 lb less. That seems a bit more doable. This is more than just a New Year's resolution and so I hope it sticks. 


No comments:

Post a Comment