7/22/09

Mover and Shaker

i forgot to write about the first time i felt the baby move, so here it is.

people always talk about these flutters in the stomach, which are the baby's early movements that you can feel. well, i didn't feel them. not once. or maybe i did, but i didn't know it. some people were talking about how they can feel their baby as early as 13-15 weeks, and i felt nothing.

in my 18th week (or i guess it could have been my 19th week), i was laying in bed with my hands on my tummy when i felt a poke in my hand. then again. then again. jesse was not there at the moment and by the time he came back, i could no longer feel the movements. i sure absolutely sure this had to be the baby; there was nothing else it could be... gas?! not this time!

then it was quiet until the next week. oddly enough, jesse was away in blairmore overnight when it happened and so he missed it again!

but for the last... oh week or so, i've been feeling her move more regularly and sometimes even without my hand on my belly. i can distinguish her movements now and she's even moving for daddy now, so jesse has felt her move about as well.

and let me just tell you, it's an incredible feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment