12/16/11

Leni - 5 months

  • She still hates being left alone, not being held. I don't know what to do about that one. 
  • She is SOOOOO interested in food; we can't eat anything while holding her because she dives mouth-first to whatever it is we're eating/drinking. So we tried cereal a couple of times, but I don't think she is quite ready. She gets very excited and opens her mouth to the spoon, but most of it comes back out. When we started Gemma at nearly 5 months, she swallowed every bit and didn't make a mess at all. So I think we will try again in a few days. 
  • She can kinda sit for a few seconds, though leaning forward quite a bit. She hates it though and will scream the whole time. 
  • She must have started teething because she is drooling like mad and biting me like crazy when she eats. 
  • She loves to look and play with toys, but then gets really frustrated that things aren't going the way she wants them to. 
  • She doesn't laugh very much (guess we're not funny), but she smiles a lot. 
  • She is really recognizing me now and if someone else is holding her, she whines to come to me. 
  • She loves the shower and we've given up on baths completely as it's just so much easier. Gemma HATED the shower even just up until a few months ago. 
  • She cries if Gemma laughs and looks happy if Gemma is crying. So much for close siblinghood. LOL. 
  • She loves, loves, LOVES to be naked, no matter how cold it is in this house. She hates, hates, HATES putting clothes on. 
  • She is sleeping much better - only crying out once or twice a night, waking up around 5-6 AM to eat, and then going straight back to sleep until 9:30-10. It's right now 7:15 and I haven't heard a peep from her since 7:45 last night. She hasn't even woken up to eat yet. 
  • When I take her out to playdates (which isn't very often, I just leave her with my mom since it's easier most of the time), she loves to look around and watch the kids play. I probably should take her out more often...
  • She is sooooo ridiculously cute and I just love her little face and really surprised eyes (dunno why she looks so surprised all the time). I love her more every day!

No comments:

Post a Comment