9/29/09

alien baby

with 10 weeks to go, i think baby here is growing nicely. she has stopped her cute little pokey movements and is now squirming and stretching, which i cannot get used to. it is seriously the weirdest feeling. oh, and did i mention now i feel her constantly, like every minute of every day? including when i'm sleeping?

last few nights have been rough. i've had to sleep propped up with about four pillows to help me breathe. but of course what helps my lungs doesn't help my back, per se, and so it's uncomfortable no matter what. last night i decided to forgo the mountain of pillows and try to sleep on my sides with one pillow like a normal person. my back still hurt like crazy, but every time i would wake up to roll over to the other side, i couldn't fall back asleep due to the dance party going on in my belly. sometimes she digs her feet into my rib cage, which is also not the most pleasant feeling.

it's quite cool to watch her do her "alien" movements - like she's looking for a way outta there.

10 weeks to go, 5 more weeks of work, 2 more weeks until the baby shower.

No comments:

Post a Comment