9/2/09

the love of my life


7 years and 1 week ago, i moved into Muller Hall at Taylor University College. i was so incredibly excited to be there - i had looked forward to this all through my high school years. i moved in a couple days before the official move-in day. i didn't know anyone, there was hardly anyone there at the time.

i was walking with a visiting friend from Muller Hall to the SU building when a guy (who is now my husband) with sideburns and a green shirt was walking towards me carrying a few flats of pop with another guy (Jay). i kinda knew Jay from before, so trying to be "cool", when we walked past them, i said to Jesse, "so... are you the pop guy or something?" and he gave me a "uh yeah" and kept walking.

pfff. instantly i thought this guy is a real piece of work. he was good looking, so i figured he must be cocky. i figured he must have a lot of girls who are into him, which gave him a big head.

we happened to live in the same hall, so became friends with the same group of people. we started to hang out more and more, which made it clear my first impression of him was completely off.

we were like two peas in a pod. we were always together. i found my best friend. we went through so much together. he made me laugh like no other, but also made me cry like no other. after an incredibly fun and exciting, yet emotionally challenging 3 years, he asked me to marry him. and i said yes.

i can't believe today we are now celebrating our third wedding anniversary. i can't believe we're having our first baby in just a few months. i am so incredibly blessed and lucky to have jesse. i can't believe i get to keep him for the rest of my life.

i love you bunny. happy anniversary.

1 comment: