4/25/10

a pearly surprise

It's been a few days since I've posted... my laptop power cord is on the fritz and i've been too lazy to find a chair to sit on to use the desktop computer. anyways....

So, my last post was regarding all the whining Gemma was doing since last last Thursday-ish. She had been cranky and naps were disturbed and I figured she was teething and I expected it to go on for a long time. 

Last Thursday (Apr 22), Gemma was EXTREMELY grouchy all morning. We went to Rhythm and Rhyme and usually when we're out in public, Gemma is quite well behaved because she is distracted by all the things she can look at. This time, she was very cranky during R&R. When we got home, I fed her. Usually she is quite content after she eats, but this time she could not stop crying. I didn't know what was wrong with her, but saw a little lump in her inner cheek that looked like it had a little cut in it. I thought maybe that was why she was crying. Then i saw it. 

A tooth. 

The bizarre thing is that i had been looking for a tooth for a long time, but apparently in the wrong place. I think it's quite normal for the front bottom two teeth to come first, and then the top two. But this is definitely not a middle tooth. I think it is a molar or a canine. It's on the bottom left side and it had rubbed against her cheek and made a little raised lump.The funny thing is, by that evening, she was back to normal.

I'm taking her to see the doctor tomorrow to find out the prognosis of this tooth; and to find out that it is indeed a tooth.

Gemma... why do you need a tooth right now? and why couldn't you have it come out in the middle bottom like a normal baby? LOL. She is a difficult child... but then again, she is MY daughter :)

No comments:

Post a Comment