4/30/10

A Sense of Pride

I am so proud of myself for breastfeeding. Someone asked me why I chose to breastfeed and all I could think was, "why wouldn't I breastfeed?"

Yes, the first weeks were incredibly hard. I would say it took about 7 weeks or so for things to get comfortable, but I'm glad I sought help to ease the latching discomfort and also with the oversupply issue and I'm thankful that there were resources available to me and people willing to help me. 

Nowadays, I actually love breastfeeding. I love that I can provide for her something that no one else can. I love that I am giving her the best nutrition that I can. I love that she is thriving and growing so perfectly on my milk only. It's a relaxing time for me and Gemma. I also feel a sense of pride when I'm in a mom's group or in a nursing room at the mall.

Not to mention how much I love it when she looks up at me and smiles as to say "oh hi there mommy, this is so good! thank you".

You're welcome, honey bun.

**For all you formula moms out there, this is in no way a knock on you. Everybody is different and everybody has different reasons. What matter is that your baby eats and is healthy, right?

1 comment:

  1. Kudos to you Grace!! This is something to be so proud of! Keep it up!!

    ReplyDelete