9/9/10

Party Planning

In Korean tradition, the first birthday is a HUGE deal. I just had a realization this morning that I better get planning right away, especially since I won't have much time once I go back to work. 

First, I need to decide WHERE to have it. The guests will likely be my family, my mom's church friends, our friends, and maybe Jesse's family (they haven't decided yet whether they would come for it). I would also like to invite some of the ladies I work with, as well as our baby & me friends. So the dilemma is whether to have it in Edmonton or in Calgary. Of course things would be easier to plan if it was in Calgary, but probably less people would be able to make it if it was here (family-wise). 

Then, I need to decide on a venue. A restaurant or a hotel? 

Then, a theme.... that's gonna be a hard one. 

Then I can start working on the decoration ideas, gift ideas, game ideas, look into photographers, etc.

Did you think i was joking when I said it was a HUGE deal? Jesse and I are aware that Gemma's dol (1st birthday party) will cost us somewhere along the lines of what our wedding reception cost us. But we WANT to have a big party for her and have been preparing for this even before she was born.

I guess Jesse and I will have a lot to discuss in the next few days...

No comments:

Post a Comment