8/23/11

A Family of God

A week and a half ago, my mom's church pastor, his wife, and the head deacon of the church, as well as his wife, came for a visit on their way to Radium. They came when Gemma was a month or so old and they prayed for us and reminded of the importance of raising Gemma in a Christian home. 

Once again, they came and prayed for us and gave us the same reminders, but this time it made me feel a little bit guilty in that I had forgotten his message previously. We had talked about getting Gemma dedicated, but that has not yet happened, mostly because we're lazy - there. I admit it. 

When Leni was born, Jesse and I once again discussed getting the girls dedicated. Our church has specified dedication weekends, and the next one isn't until November. I was reading the info about dedications on the church web site and it sounds like they prefer you to be more involved with the church and/or become a member... I'm not entirely clear on the details, so the thing to do would be to speak to someone, but again, we're too lazy. how bad is that. 

Anyhoo, the pastor's reminder to us of the importance of prayer for our family and the never-ceasing appreciation of the gifts that are our children is one that I hope to never forget. And I know that before I can expect Gemma and Leni to love Jesus, I need to show them that I love Jesus. I just hope I can do that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment