8/20/11

the honeymoon is over

If you asked me even last week who was the easier baby, i would have definitely said Leni. 

Ask me today and I think you know my answer has now changed. 

I guess she's not that different than how Gemma was at this age (around 6 weeks was the most challenging with Gemma too), but the only thing is that Leni won't take a soother so i'm at a loss as to how to settle her when she is screaming.
She is also wanting to be held ALL THE TIME and if you even put her down for literally 3 seconds, she is screaming at the top of her lungs - not even just a whimper or a little cry, but full-out screaming. 

Because she is not taking a soother, I am also up all the time to feed her every 3 hours (by this time, Gemma was sleeping about 6 hours straight). Half of those feedings are Leni using me as a soother, rather than eating, per se. It's incredibly exhausting! And from what I hear, I'm pretty well screwed when it comes to nights if she won't take a soother... please say it isn't so... anyone have any advice?

Last night, Jesse volunteered to let me sleep through one feeding - he would give her formula instead. She screamed for a good 20 minutes and absolutely refused the bottle... this isn't the first time either, folks. I finally got up and put her on the boob and she started to chow down right away. Again, any advice on how to get her to take a bottle? if she absolutely refuses, it means i can never be away from her for more than a couple of hours...

No comments:

Post a Comment