7/23/10

Fears

I think that must be the one negative thing about being a parent - fears of something bad happening to your child. I don't know why, but this past week has been rough on me emotionally and I've been plagued by nightmares, sometimes two or three in one night. One recurring dream since having Gemma has been where I am trying to get to her, but not being able to. Jesse told me about three nights ago he had dreamt that Gemma died after swallowing a bunch of liquid that came out of a teething toy. I also worry about something happening to me while I am home alone with Gemma and she would be alone for hours before someone came home.

This really sucks because I haven't had a good night's sleep in a week because of these nightmares. I'm also incredibly irritable during the day (maybe due to the lack of sleep?) and find myself snapping on everyone around me, including the poor dog. 

I really need to get out of this emotional funk I'm in... but how?

No comments:

Post a Comment