8/6/10

8 Months

It's amazing how time flies when you are a parent. I know every month I say this, but man I can't believe Gemma is already 8 months old. She is so incredibly smart and strong and it's already getting harder to keep up with her every day! Not to mention (and as you can see from the previous posts) her personality and temperament are really "shining" through...

At 8 months, she can:
  • Weight: 18 lb 7 oz!!!!! 
  • Length: 27 inches
  • Wave bye-bye.
  • Pull to standing from a sitting position.
  • Extremely mobile (and fast!) even though she hasn't yet mastered the proper way of crawling.
  • Knows "umma" (mom), "appa" (dad), and "harmony" (grandma) and will look at the said person. Oh and she knows "Reggie" too.
  • Nurses four times a day and eats three meals. 
  • Can drink from a cup all on her own.
  • Loves any kind of fruit and favorite veggies include: yam, green beans, cauliflower, squash.
  • Loves to feed herself, whether it's finger foods or just grabbing the spoon out of my hand.
  • Loves books and being read to. 
  • Very talkative - bababababa and sometimes it sounds like she is saying "appa" (dad), which gets Jesse terribly excited.
  • Likes to open and close cupboard doors (we're gonna do more childproofing tomorrow).
  • Hates hats and sunglasses - any advice on this?
  • Favorite toy at the moment - a can of gingerale.
She is very attached to me and will whine if she sees me leave the room, even if someone else is with her. I'm going back to work in 2 months and I wonder how we'll do...

No comments:

Post a Comment