8/30/10

Cold and Tooth

When Jesse's folks were here last week, his mom got sick near the end of their stay here. She had a really sore throat with lots of coughing... she had to sleep on an incline on the couch to help the phlegm come out. Two days after they left, my throat began to hurt and I was soon in the same boat of hacking up a storm. My voice was pretty much gone and I was wearing a flu mask around the house in an effort to keep the sickness to myself. 

Today, I am feeling much better. Voice is still not back to normal and I am coughing here and there, but otherwise I feel okay. Unfortunately a couple nights ago, Gemma woke up in the middle of the night with a fever and last night she woke up with a hoarse cry... 

I suppose I should be thankful - she is nearly 9 months old and this is her first illness. I think she is also getting her top tooth and so that doesn't help either. Thankfully she is still somewhat happy during the day and still napping alright. Weirdly though, my little porker is not wanting to eat for the last few days, which is totally out of character for her. 

So far Jesse and mom are still okay; my brother is here visiting for a week and I hope he doesn't have to go back home sick. I sure hope Gemma sleeps better tonight (last night was really rough)...

No comments:

Post a Comment