8/25/10

First Boo-Boo

Last night while my mom was watching her, Gemma got her first real boo-boo. She was crawling around in the bonus room when she stopped to pat the glass on our TV stand. She was sitting at this point and when she decided she had had enough, she tried to go back on to the crawling position when one of her arms got stuck under her. In trying to get her arm out, she flopped forward and banged her forehead on the corner of the TV stand.

It looked really bad (i don't think the pictures do it justice) and we thought for sure she would wake up this morning with a full-blown black eye. After consoling her, I tried to ice it, but Gemma didn't like that very much. So then I grabbed an egg out of the fridge, washed it with soap and water, then rolled it over her own goose egg. This is a korean thing and it works quite well. It's definitely looking much better today.

Since this happend on my mom's watch, she was really beating herself up over it. Even though I was thisclose to crying upon seeing Gemma's forehead, I had to restrain myself as I didn't want my mom to feel even worse. I mean, I guess these things happen. Kids bang their heads, get scraped, cut, and bruised as they learn to be more careful and aware of their surroundings. As much as I want to, I can't wrap her up in bubble wrap and never let her move, can I? ............ or can I?.....LOL.

No comments:

Post a Comment