10/11/10

Give Thanks

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend. Gemma's grandpa and grandma Konnert, as well as auntie Leah and uncle Joey came down for a short visit. We had a delicious turkey dinner, finishing off with a pumpkin pie and pecan pie. Gemma had her first thanksgiving dinner complete with turkey, cranberry sauce, stuffing, mashed potatoes, and roasted veggies. She slept so well that night :)

I am so thankful for many things this year. I think being a parent really puts things into perspective. I am so thankful for my family, for our good mental and physical health, for the jobs we enjoy, and for new and old friends. I'm thankful for the fact that I can work from home and see my daughter whenever I want. I am thankful to have my mom with us and to always have peace of mind, knowing Gemma is well-cared for and loved even when I'm not around. I'm thankful that Jesse has a job that is so close to home that allows him to see his baby girl every single day. God is so gracious to us. He really is.

I hope you all had a wonderful weekend with family and friends. Happy Thanksgiving!


No comments:

Post a Comment