10/18/10

Rash, be gone!

Since she was born, Gemma was lucky to not get diaper rashes. She has of course had a few bouts of just a little bit of redness around her bum, but not a rash per se. I don't know if it's this bout of teething or what, but she's got a bit of a diaper rash, the worst she's ever had. I say it's the worst for her, but it's not as THAT bad (i've seen worse on other babies). I try to give her plenty of diaper-free time during the day (resulting in many accidents - number one AND two!), but it seems to be pretty persistent. i am using our trusty old Aveeno diaper cream and all day today i've been using our cloth diapers.

I know Pampers has that issue with their Dry-Max giving chemical burns and while we do use Pampers, i bought out Walmart's supply of pre-Dry-Max diapers before they took them off the shelf. anyways, she didn't have this problem until just a couple days ago.

I'm really hoping it goes away soon. in the meantime, i guess i need to be better prepared with old towels and carpet cleaner!

1 comment:

  1. Oh boo, diaper rashes! Annika has only ever had the one and it was HORRIBLE. We did bare bum time for 2 weeks and were using diaper cream and it just wouldn't go away. My clever husband figured out it wasn't just a diaper rash and we had to get an antifungal cream. It disappeared in 3 days. I felt like such a clueless mommy that I let it go on for so long. If the rash doesn't get better in 3 days with regular bare bum time and cream...it might be yeast!

    ReplyDelete