11/9/09

hello Mr. Braxton, hello Ms. Hicks

last tuesday at my appointment, i ran into a girl from by childbirth classes. we were both waiting for our appointments, so we chatted it up until we were called. during our conversation, she asked me if i was having a lot of Braxton-Hicks contractions, to which i replied "i have no idea".

then at my appointment, i asked my doctor if it was normal for me to have no idea if i was having these BH contractions or what they felt like. she said "of course, this is your first pregnancy".

lo and behold, the next day they came. it was hard to attribute these hardenings to anything else. and in retrospect, have i felt them before? yes. but VERY occasionally. like once every few weeks or so.... THAT occasionally.

now i get them constantly. very irregularly of course and completely painless - however i do know when i'm having one because suddenly i have to work harder to breathe and i just feel ... uncomfortable. then i feel my belly and it's like someone shoved a clay pot in there. they are brief and i notice them most when i'm sitting/reclined, but definitely get them now too when i'm walking/standing.

let's hope this means my uterus is prepping up for the big day.... which, by the way, is no later than 40 days from today. woot woot!

No comments:

Post a Comment