11/2/09

oy vay

so far this pregnancy has been amazing. yes, i've had a few ups and downs, but the downs were always very brief and never anything serious.

however, this last leg is getting very tough. i haven't been sleeping well, the leg cramps are becoming more frequent and lasting longer, and i just feel overall sluggish and extremely tired. i feel like my sides/back are stretching out so much and it is so uncomfortable to lie on my side, not to mention my arms are aching from sleeping that way. i have 2 weeks to go until term (37 weeks) and i'm not gonna lie to you, i hope she comes in 2 weeks. i now fully understand women who desparately want their babies out as the time comes closer and closer. and although i won't be doing anything drastic to induce labor early, i may be eating a pineapple or two when mid november comes. of course, that probably won't work.

my mom has convinced me that this baby is gonna make a late entrance. i'll go past my due date, maybe WELL past my due date. luckily, we know she'll HAVE to be here by Dec 19, as that is as far as my doctors will let me go.

seriously. i'm exhausted. i can't focus. i can't read. i can still type, but i read over my reports and realize i have no idea what i've just typed/read. thankfully i only have a week left of work. i was thinking about working an extra week, but i really don't know if i can do it. all i want to do is snuggle with Reggie on the couch and fall asleep.

1 comment:

  1. Grace, I tried everything once I as overdue! I tried raspberry tea (its a uterine contractor) lots of movement (dance, cleaning, etc) ummm sex people said sperm induces labor, nipple stimulation, pineapple, nothing worked! I asked my dr. about all of these things and even castro oil which is an xlax, and she said to try them (but not to tell ppl that a dr. had encouraged me to try them!) but whatever I could do to get labor induced... she tried stripping my membranes 3 or 4 times,and still nothing worked! 3 non stress tests, and 31 hours of labor later we had our little guy! I hope that you can get that little baby on the move without drugs! I wanted a drug free labor and my birth plan went out the window the minute I was induced! I'll be praying for you two!! Three I mean! :-)

    ReplyDelete