11/13/09

her father's daughter

regardless of whether this baby looks more like me or like jesse, one thing is for sure - she sure eats like daddy.

from the very beginning, she has followed this interesting pattern of how jesse used to eat. and yes, i mean more in the way in what she has ME craving and eating and vice versa.

baby: the very first food item that i did not want to eat after finding out i was pregnant was... RICE. that's right. my favorite thing in the world. i did not want to eat it. i would rather eat something like noodles. for over a week, i didn't want rice. this has never happened in my life.

jesse: when we met, jesse was not a fan of rice. he would basically only eat it with chicken pot pies. he grew up eating it with butter (ewww) and didn't learn to appreciate the pure goodness of rice until later on in our relationship.

baby: with my aversion to radish, kimchi was a tough sell. especially cold kimchi. but i could eat it when it was cooked with some pork.

jesse: kimchi stirfried with pork was basically the only way jesse liked to eat his kimchi in the early stages of our relationship (note: kimchi is mostly eaten cold, but yes can be deliciously cooked).

i'm sure there were more similarities, but the current one is the biggest one of all. I myself DO NOT LIKE sweets. i don't like cake, i don't like pie, i dont' like most cookies, i don't like desserts, i don't like icing, i don't like pastries, i don't like candy, i don't like sugar. period. i can eat chocolate once in awhile, but that is the extent of my sweet tooth.

my significant other, on the other hand, has a MAJOR sweet tooth. the one thing he requested of my during our marriage counseling was that I BAKE MORE.

a few weeks back, i suddenly developed this crazy hankering for sweets. cookies, bars, cinnamon buns, ice cream, etc. this is so out of character for me, it's not even funny. and that's all i think about. CAKE. i want to eat CAKE. ALL THE TIME.

all i have to say is that i can't wait to get MYSELF back. my body back, my appetite back, my preferences back. pregnancy is the WEIRDEST thing ever. EVER. EEEVVVVEEERRR.

No comments:

Post a Comment