12/21/10

1-year Vaccinations

I think they should change the way they do these vaccinations. It's brutal! Even for an adult, getting 3 shots all at once is scary. Gemma had four, including her flu shot booster. She cried for so long after her needles and had a rough early morning. She was crying on and off throughout the night and finally was really wailing, so I went in and rocked her for a bit. She was so warm, I think she maybe had a fever. After rocking her for a little bit, I started getting super hot because she was so warm, so I got up to open her door and that kinda woke her up. she resumed the wailing screams and then wouldn't stop for nearly 20 minutes. She refused milk, which she NEVER EVER does, and went from person to person, crying and crying some more. I felt terrible.

she is so tired that she has been napping for an hour already (and it's 11 AM). I gave her some Tylenol and hope that helps a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment