12/22/10

First Prenatal Visit

I went to High River today for my first appointment there. As soon as I got there, Dr. Makhdoom saw me (the doc who delivered Gemma) and burst out laughing, saying "you're back! I can't believe it!" She is such a cool doctor, I just love her. She did the history taking, took my blood pressure, and just felt around for the uterus, which was still too small for her to palpate. We talked about dates and going by my last period, the due date is July 21 (which would make me 10 weeks) which I know is not accurate. I know exactly when I ovulated and so I know the due date should be July 30. Anyways, I am booked for a "dating" ultrasound in the new year, so hopefully that will show it. Even when she was trying to feel my uterus, she said I must be less than 10 weeks, which I'm sure is right. I'm right now 8.5 weeks.

She sent me for blood work and now I go back in 4 weeks, 2 weeks after my ultrasound. I can't wait to see this little one - though it won't look like much, just a blob. Still, I'm excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment