7/28/11

week 2 - gone

I always tell my friends who have babies to enjoy the newborn stage because it goes by so stinkin fast. That first week sure went slowly, but this last one flew by. 

It's amazing how different Leni and Gemma are already. I would like to say that so far Leni is the "easier" of the two - she sleeps a lot and loves the car seat, and now that we have breastfeeding down pat, all is going well. In fact, we may even attempt HP7 on the weekend with Leni and I'm optimistic that things will go well! (wouldn't have dreamed of taking Gemma to the theatre as a baby for fear of getting banned for life!)

I've stopped pumping at the advice of the LC. I had Leni weighed at 12 days and at that time she weighed 90 g above her birth weight! Her color is good (no more yellow baby) and because I was pumping about 3.5 oz per side, the LC said I could start feeding Leni to appetite and not forcing her to eat (and they wanted me to go on motilium????!?!?!?!??!). She is eating much better and sleeping well also at night. She seems to have her day/night mixed up, so yesterday I spent the day trying to nurse her often and keep her awake more. She slept much better last night. 

Gemma has also come around and loves me once again! Yay! I can't tell you what a big, HUGE relief that is. 

I'm looking forward to the long weekend and having Jesse home one extra day. Have a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment