7/13/11

worst appointment ever

My weekly appointment was scheduled for 11:40 this morning. I got there just a couple of minutes early and was to see either Dr. Killam or Dr. Hart, neither docs I have seen before. I didn't get into the examining room until 12:30 and even after that, didn't see anyone until 1:10. The door to my exam room was open and i could hear the docs and their students standing around next door and talking about...

pizza. 

what kind should we order? how many? i'm good with anything, as long as it doesn't have pineapple... i'm allergic to mushrooms. do you think they will deliver to the hospital? should we get larges or mediums? etc.

that was for 20 minutes. 

then finally at 1:10, to my disappointment, a student walks in. She is very friendly and nice, but not who i want to see after sitting here for an hour and a half. She does all the usual blood pressure, heartbeat, fundal height... then she has to go get the doctor who will do it all over again. The doctor takes another 10 minutes to get in and then leaves again for me to get undressed so i can have my membranes stripped. It's not even one of the two docs i was supposed to see - a Dr. Lukwinski, never heard of her. Didn't even know she was one of the docs of the clinic. 

She asks me some dumb questions (one of them being, "you had your membranes done last week? and it didn't work?".... obviously not, i'm still here, aren't i??) but did what seemed like a very thorough membrane sweep (she went around like 4 times and had plenty of blood to show me afterward).

Anyways, that was it. Next week I'm scheduled to see one of my favorites, but who knows if it will actually be her.... who knows if i will make it to that appointment?? 

Oh and there was pretty much no progress. cervix is feeling soft and i'm maybe 2 cm, but still high up and posterior. Maybe I'll make it to see Harry Potter this weekend....

1 comment:

  1. Unfortunately if your body isnt ready nothing will start it... not even sweeping/stripping the membranes. I had mine stripped 3 or 4 times and there was blood on her glove as well... but still nothing.

    Hopefully you'll get to enjoy Harry Potter, one last movie before baby comes!!!!

    ReplyDelete