2/4/12

First Day and Night sans Soother

Well, it turned out to be not the best day to start going without the soother. I was busy running errands all day and so my poor mom was stuck at home dealing with Leni. (sorry mom!)

To make long story short, while I was gone, Leni had two 40-minute naps. Shorter than normal, but at least she slept. Mom said she didn't even cry that long (5 minutes maybe??). 
I was nervous to put her down last night, but she went down without much of a fight. Four hours later, she cried out for the first time. I got up, went and stood over her with my hand her on her chest, patting lightly, and shushed her. She turned her head to the side and went back to sleep. 

I thought "well, that was easy". 

Then she started waking up more frequently - 2 hours later, then an hour later, then an hour later again. The same tactic worked each time, but I wanted her to be able to put herself to sleep, so at her last waking, I went in briefly, but left before she fell back asleep. She cried once she saw me leave and kept crying. I let her cry until she fell asleep. She slept longer and woke up to eat early in the morning. Then, she went back to sleep right away and slept another few hours. 

I just put her down for her first nap. I put her down awake, she played in her crib for a bit, then she cried out (kinda) for a few minutes. Now, she must be sleeping because she is quiet. 

So far, so good. Not as easy as it was with Gemma (night-wise), but really not that bad. Woohoo! Hope this continues...


No comments:

Post a Comment