1/6/11

Baby

I just got back from my first ultrasound. I never had one with Gemma around this time of my pregnancy, so I wasn't sure what to expect. I wasn't sure what the baby would look like exactly. Anyways, after drinking a liter of water and being in major discomfort and feeling about to pee my pants over every bump we drove over, I got to my appointment. Luckily the wait once I got there wasn't too horrible. I had a nice sonographer this time and she let me see the screen the entire time she was scanning.

There is only one baby! yay! The heartbeat was on the higher side, I think, at around 170. It had long arms, long legs, and it moved about a lot. I was really surprised though when she told me that by my measurements, I'm sitting at 11 wks 5 days, which is an entire week up from my own calculations. According to my last LMP, my due date would be July 21, but I was so certain that I was later than that and had calculated my own due date of July 30. So now with 7 days' discrepancy (9 days for LMP and my own date), my due date officially moves up to July 21.

I don't know why but I was filled with worry this morning before my appointment. When I talked to Jesse after, he told me he felt the same way and he was so relieved to hear everything was great.

On top of it all, Gemma got to see her baby sibling for the first time. I'm on cloud 9.


No comments:

Post a Comment