1/10/11

Having Two

Today, I got my first taste of what it's like to have two kids running around. Well, actually, this would be more like having twins, but still... two. 

My mom and I are watching Gemma's BFF, Maeve, today for a whole day. Tomorrow too. We always joke that they are best friends, but really at this age they couldn't care less about each other. LOL. In fact, they spent the morning "fighting" over toys. Maeve is really calm and mellow, so that helps a lot, since Gemma gets very emotional and dramatic over losing toys to Maeve. 

A funny thing: Maeve has a stuffy/runny nose, so I brought out our battery-powered aspirator to help her breathe a bit better. Gemma hates that thing and as soon as she saw me bring it out, she dropped to the floor in an all-out protest. Even when I held Maeve and was using it on her, Gemma wouldn't stop crying. Maeve was just like "whatever" and she let me get the snot out, but it was so funny to see Gemma go nuts beside her. 

My mom was at work for a couple hours this morning and so I was flying solo with the two kiddos for a bit. It's nice to have her home now though. Maeve is asleep and Gemma is having lunch. I can't even put into words how lucky i am or how much i love having my mom here with me. 

We'll see how the rest of the day plays out, but one thing is for sure: This would be a lot harder by myself. Thanks, mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment