3/26/11

Big Girl Furniture

About a month ago, i put in an order for Gemma's big girl furniture. It was a set i had my eye on for quite some time, so i jumped right on it when i saw it was on sale. Unfortunately it was on backorder for nearly a month so the wait was longer than usual, but nonetheless, we received it yesterday. 

Some members in my extended family have bought Cafekid furniture before and loved their heirloom quality. it's not made of the cheap particle boards that you find in most IKEA furniture - it's actual solid pieces of wood. So you can imagine, it was torture for Jesse trying to haul the boxes up our two flights of stairs. Thankfully a coworker came by after work to help him with the dresser - which came pre-assembled and so was really really heavy. 

Gemma, my mom, and I went out this morning to do some shopping and when we got back, Jesse had finished assembling the bed. It is beautiful and has a trundle, which she will be able to use for sleepovers or for the new baby or for daddy when daddy gets kicked out for snoring. Gemma was so excited last night and wanted to help Jesse so bad with the assembly. I can't wait to get her some beautiful bedding to go with her beautiful new bed. 

I really hope she will be okay to sleep in it by the end of June. I don't want to make the bed transition when the new baby is already here and i hope to have her used to sleeping in it by the time her new sibling arrives. It's so funny to see Gemma in her bed though - she looks so tiny in it! Reminds me of the first time i brought her home from the hospital and laid her in her crib .... how tiny she looked.... oh no, here's comes nostalgia again...

My New Dresser!

Helping Dad

Ooh, a wheel!
My New Bed! (needs bedding)

trying out the trundle with Harmony

No comments:

Post a Comment