3/13/12

fever...all through the night

I guess right around the time my mom left, Leni started getting a bit of a runny nose. I figured either she was teething or getting a cold and anticipated her to get sicker if she were getting a cold. Instead, she stayed pretty steady, but Gemma got sick. She got a runnier nose than Leni, then finally yesterday she developed a fever. I think this is the first time Gemma's had a real fever. She was shivering, but incredibly hot to touch. By bedtime, she couldn't hardly keep her eyes open even though she had woken up extra late and had a 2-hour nap. She kept whining and complaining that she was cold if I were to touch her and just wanted to be wrapped up in her blanket. 

I figured it was going to be a rough night, as I've fought bad fevers a few times myself and know how hard it is to sleep when your body is going through the motions of freezing, then burning. But miraculously, she slept solidly for 13 hours. I woke up extra early to start a pot of chicken porridge (a korean cure for a cold), which was for nothing, apparently, since Gemma refused to eat anything. She is still warm, but nowhere near hot as she was last night.

Hopefully she feels better soon and even more, I hope Leni doesn't get this.

No comments:

Post a Comment