3/20/12

Growing up

I really can't wait til Leni's at an age where the girls can really play with one another. Gemma keeps busy playing all day and sometimes I feel bad, like Leni's missing out. Right now, Gemma's on a kick where she gathers her favorite toys together and feeds them alphabet soup. The toys have  bibs on and are sitting on the table in a circle with magnetic alphabets in front of them. She came to me the other day asking for a spoon for each of the toys to eat with. She also likes to put Minnie in "the corner", for whatever reason, then sitting next to her to keep her company. I don't think it's a good idea that she thinks "the corner" is a place to play instead of the place that she goes when she's being bad, but it's so cute. 

Gemma's also obsessed with "jumping rope", where she swings my robe tie around, jumping. Who says kids don't learn from TV? She got that from Special Agent Oso. 

Her vocabulary has gone through the roof recently as well. Today, she said "where's my bib?" and is referring to herself more and more as "I" or "me" or "my". 

Kids grow up too fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment