6/30/10

Amber Necklace

At the last December babies get-together, I noticed one of the babies was wearing a necklace. When I asked her mom about it, she told me it was an amber necklace to help alleviate teething symptoms. I had never heard of this in my life and was fascinated. She said her baby was at a point where she couldn't even take the necklace off because she would notice symptoms right away. Since then, I've talked to a few other moms who have used the necklace on their babies. The believers outnumbered the skeptics, so I decided to get one for Gemma.

So today we drove out to Babes in Arms in Calgary (I'll probably never go back there again just because the parking was absolutely horrible!) and spent $25 on a cute little amber necklace for Gemma. Surprisingly she didn't fuss about it being around her neck. Whether it works or not, I guess only time will tell. Although she didn't have too hard of a time with her bottom teeth, I figure if it can or does help her at all, it would be worth the $$... and if it doesn't work? well it still looks pretty darn cute on her.

No comments:

Post a Comment