6/3/10

Okay. That Really Hurts.

Remember how I said I'm gonna miss Gemma's toothless mouth?

Well, I do. I miss it terribly. 

Biting me with gums hurt, but I never would have complained if I knew biting me with these tiny teeth could hurt THIS BAD. 

At my cousin's advice, I flicked Gemma on the cheek yesterday when she bit me. She looked at me with a look of terror and screamed bloody murder for like 5 minutes straight. She was crying so hard that she could hardly catch her breath.

Then she bit me again at the next feeding, so the flicking thing didn't work. 

Shouting "No!" also doesn't work, nor does taking her off when she bites me.

Any advice?

2 comments:

  1. I think the flicking thing might work if you do it consistenly more than once. She may not be able to put it together after only once or twice, and doesnt realize that she isnt supposed to do that. She probably saw it as, she did something you flicked her (it scared her, and probably hurt her feelings more than it actually hurt... and didnt understand why.) but I would try to be consist with it... do it continuously and she'll catch on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Grace that sounds so painful! And no fun at all! I don't have any personal advice because we don't have teeth yet but there is`an article on the La Leche League website we use to refer Moms to if you're interested
    http://www.llli.org/FAQ/bite.html
    or
    http://www.llli.org/NB/NBMarApr99p36.html
    You'll have to let me know what works!

    ReplyDelete