6/24/10

Swimming!

I finally got my butt in gear and took Gemma to the pool. I was kinda scared because she isn't a fan of the sound of water or the big tub (guess i didn't take it slow enough). Well we got there and she did fine in the change room until some girls wanted to come and say hi to her... For some reason, Gemma particularly doesn't like kids. That really sucks because she has so many cousins under the age of 9. Anyways, she wasn't sure about the pool at first and whined, but she watched Olivia just go nuts and eventually warmed up to it. By the time we left, Gemma was splashing herself, kicking as if she was actually swimming, and really loving it. She would make this really funny face if the back of her head touched the water when I tried to lay her down.

The showers are unfortunately very hot and that made it challenging, especially when she doesn't like showers in the first place. I just washed her off as quickly as I could and then dressed her in a sleeper - because i heard from many moms that swimming just tires their babies right out. As soon as I got home, I put her down and after like 2 small wails, she is now quiet. Hopefully she will sleep for a bit. If this gets her to sleep, I may take her swimming everyday!

But seriously, I really enjoyed this time with her and will try to go more often. It would be nice if Jesse had a day off so we could go together.

No comments:

Post a Comment