6/23/10

Gemma forgot...

...how to nap. 

My once phenomenal put-down-to-sleep-awake-and-will-sleep-2-hours-easy baby seems to have gone elsewhere. While she has become an even better night sleeper (without waking once and sleeping 10 hours or longer), she seems to have lost her ability to nap. Poor, poor baby is so incredibly tired and I can see it affecting her now. It has been 2 days in a row where she has not slept more than 1 hour in TOTAL in naps, including the first morning nap. Her eyes are glossy, she is whiney, cranky, and constantly rubbing her eyes and pulling at her hair. When I hold her, she is busy burying her face into my chest and shoulders.

Seeing her so incredibly tired is making me wish I could give her a soother for naps. Unfortunately I threw them all out (because I knew I would be tempted) and have nothing to give her. I have tried to give her another lovey, but she won't take it. I even went for a drive today to see if she could sleep in the car a little - anything to get her to sleep...it didn't work.

I know it will take some time before she gets used to this new routine, but it sure is hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment