6/17/10

where is my sleeping beauty?

That was the worst night since Gemma was born. She went down for the night at about 8, her usual time, without giving me any grief. Then at 1 AM, she woke up and when Jesse went to put her soother in her mouth, she kept on crying and crying instead of going back right to sleep. So then I went in, stroked her hair a bit, and she quietened down. But when I tried to leave, she started crying again. After a few more rounds of hair stroking and trying to leave, I picked her up and changed her diaper, which felt very full. We had put on Pampers Cruisers on her before bed because we thought we had run out of Swaddlers and I wondered if that was bothering her. After changing her diaper, she quietened down and went back to bed. 

An hour later, she woke up crying again. This time when I went in, she was fully awake and when she saw me, she just wanted to play. I told her it was time to sleep, not play, and left the room. She cried and cried and cried and several times I went in to put her soother back in her mouth. Well after what seemed like forever (though probably only 30 minutes), she quietened down. Another hour later, same thing. I let her cry and went in after awhile to put her soother in.

I didn't think about it at first, but in retrospect I think she was hungry. She hadn't pooped in 2 days (which was a first) and so I only gave her solids once yesterday. But then she had two small poops during the day and a huge poop in the evening before her bath, so maybe she needed to catch up on her calories. The fact that she may be hungry didn't even cross my mind during the night, as she hasn't done that since she was 8 weeks old.

Anyways, hopefully that was a one-time thing. Interestingly, we are headed to a sleep class today... maybe I will learn something new.

No comments:

Post a Comment